Home About Us Facilities Teams Events Draw News Coaching Gallery Links/Downloads

Tulla United "B" Team - 2012/2013 Season

Tulla United B team photo after winning promotion to second division on 3rd June 2013

Manager and CoachesBarry Murphy (087) 686 2690
 Dermot O'Keeffe
 Mark O'Keeffe
 Fixtures     Results     Third Division League Table

Match Reports

Tulla United "B" move up to Second Division

Tulla United "B" 4 - 1 Kilmaley-Fern Celtic     Monday 3rd June 2013 at The County Grounds, Doora

Tulla United B can look forward to playing second division soccer next season. That was the prize at stake when they took on Kilmaley-Fern Celtic at the County Grounds on a bank holiday Monday morning. The disappointment of not getting automatic promotion was fresh on the minds of the players and management alike and having failed at the same hurdle last season, Tulla United B were determined to put things right this time around.

After a few injury scares to key players, manager Barry Murphy had an almost full strength squad to choose from for this play-off game. Tulla conceded the first goal midway through the first half when a lapse in concentration allowed Kilmaley-Fern winger Pa Sherlock in on goal and he put his shot low and across the on coming Tulla keeper Martin Floyd. This goal didn't disrupt the Tulla game plan much and they battled on, creating some half chances. Shots from range from Shane McNamara and Alan Leamy failed to trouble the Kilmaley-Fern keeper. The afore mentioned keeper was then penalised by referee Martin Monaghan for holding onto the ball too long. The resulting free kick saw Alan Leamy blast home to make it 1 - 1 at the break.

Shortly after the restart Tulla lost left back, Luke Corry to a groin injury. He was replaced by Niall Leamy who straight away along with right back Brendan Hannon started getting forward up the flanks while Cathal Hannon and John O'Hagan held things firm at the back. Tulla's pressure finally paid off when Daire Hannon headed home his first to the delight of their travelling supporters. Tulla then lost Andy McMahon to a hand injury. He was replaced by the ever dependable Keith Walsh. Walsh along with Tulla's player of the season Gerry Ryan never gave the Kilmaley-Fern players a second on the ball and soon afterwards Hannon found himself on the score sheet again when he finished cheekily at the back post following an Alan Leamy pin point cross. With Tim Durkin and Shane McNamara working hard on the wings, the longer the game went on the more evident it became as to who was going to come out on top and shortly before the full time whistle Alan Leamy put the game beyond any doubt when he got his second and Tulla's fourth.

The game played out and Hannon was unlucky not to bag his hat trick when he finished to the net but to be flagged off side. Never the less, it was to be Tulla United's day and the squad along with it's large following, left Doora with delight after a very entertaining 90 minutes of soccer.

Tulla United B: Martin Floyd, Brendan Hannon, Luke Corry (Niall Leamy), John O'Hagan, Cathal Hannon, Gerry Ryan, Shane McNamara, Tim Durkin, Alan Leamy, Andy McMahon (Keith Walsh), Daire Hannon, Trevor McInerney, Cian Slattery, John Horne, Dermott O'Keeffe, Eddy Fogarty, Cathal Dinan, Marco David, Declan Curran. Management team : Barry Murphy, Mark O'Keeffe, Dermott O'Keeffe.

Treaty Celtic 3 - 3 Tulla United "B"     Tuesday 14th May 2013

Tulla United B travelled to LIT on Tuesday evening last for their last league. They played Limerick based Garda team Treaty Celtic, where a win for either side would secure second spot and automatic promotion to the second division. It looked like it was going to be "one of those days" for Tulla when they struck the post and had a penalty blazed over the bar before they were able to register a score. This game was a great game for the spectator's a roller coaster for both teams involved.

With less than 5 minutes on the clock, Tulla striker Andy McMahon lost his balance at the critical moment and with the goal at his mercy, struck the base of the Treaty goalpost. This chance was to be their closest to goal they got in the opening half. It was the home side who got the upper hand when within 10 minutes midway through the first half they had 3 goal's put past Trevor McInerney in the Tulla goal. Tulla just seemed to be shell shocked on conceding the opening goal but before they knew they were 1 down they had 3 leaked.

Shortly after half time Treaty hit the cross bar which would have made it 4 nil. Almost immediately after this Tulla were awarded a penalty when a combination between the Treaty keeper and centre half fouled Daire Hannon in front of goal. Up stepped Martin Floyd and lashed the ball high over the crossbar. Tulla threw caution to the wind at this stage and went to 3 at the back, with 3 up top. This moved helped pile the pressure on, what now was a tiring Treaty side. Just when Tulla thought that they would never score, lady luck shone and an Alan Leamy cross some how found its way to the Treaty net, over the keepers out reached arms. Game on with 20 minutes left.

From this to the end, Tulla bombarded the Treaty goal and added their second when substitute Cathal Dinan finished from close range. Soon afterwards Tulla were awarded a free kick about 10 yards outside the area. Alan Leamy hit it low and hard and it found its way to the net. Tulla were unfortunate not to get the winner in injury time when the Treaty keeper tipped a Daire Hannon goal bound header around the post.

After 70 minutes minutes and the score at Treaty 3 nil up, Barry Murphy's side looked dead and buried but somehow fought their way back to get something out of the game and to put the pressure on Treaty Celtic to beat Connolly Celtic in their last game.

Tulla United B: Trevor McInerney, Brendan Hannon (Eddy Fogarty), Gerry Ryan, John O'Hagan, Luke Corry, Tim Durkin, Martin Floyd (Dermott O'Keeffe), Shane McNamara, Alan Leamy, Daire Hannon, Andy McMahon.

17 May 2013 Connolly Celtic 0 - 1 Treaty Celtic

This result means that with 42 points after 20 games, Tulla United "B" finish third and will enter the promotion/relegation playoff. They await their opponents who will finish third from bottom in the second division. Ennis Town win the league with 48 points and Treaty Celtic taking second spot with 43 points.

Tulla United "B" 3 - 2 Shannon Olympic "B"      Friday 10th May 2013

Tulla Utd B finished their home campaign with a 3 - 2 win over Shannon Olympic on Friday night last. In a flat Tulla performance they had to go 1 goal down to get going. Daire Hannon got them back on level terms and Andy Mc Mahon put the home side 2 - 1 up. The Shannon outfit, however, were not finished yet and the teams were level again entering the last 10 minutes. It took a precise finish from Tim Durkin to give Tulla all 3 points ahead of their end of season game against Treaty Celtic on Tuesday 14th May. 3 points against the Limerick outfit will guarantee a first ever promotion for Tulla's "second strength" adult side.

Tulla United B: Trevor McInerney, Brendan Hannon, John O'Hagan, Cathal Hannon (Shane McNamara), Luke Corry, Gerry Ryan, Keith Walsh (Dermott O'Keeffe), Andy McMahon (Martin Floyd), Daire Hannon, Tim Durkin, Alan Leamy.

Lifford "B" 1 - 2 Tulla United "B"      Sunday 5th May 2013

Tulla B travelled to Cassidy Park on Sunday last. Cassidy Park was always a place where they found it hard to get any points but their luck was in on Sunday. Having only received 1 point from their 2 previous games, Tulla's possibility of winning the third division title was gone but automatic promotion was still very much alive. With college exams and a few injuries at the fore, it was time to go to the squad for a team for this one. The "veterans" like Dermot (Mousie) O'Keeffe and John (Scholesie) Horne had to be called upon.

With the aid of the breeze and the hill, Tulla were slow to get going but broke the deadlock on the half hour when Tim Durkin finished to the net after Marco David played him in. About 10 minutes into the second half a spirited Lifford team fought their way back into the game and were rewarded when they equalised with a close range finish after the Tulla defence failed to clear their lines. It was substitute Daire Hannon who got the winner for the away side when he got on the end of an Alan Leamy cross to smash the ball home. Hannon also went on that afternoon to score for the "A" side when they drew 1:1 with Lifford "A" in Cragg, he also hit the post in injury time of that same game.

So Tulla B came away with the 3 points as they look forward to their last 2 games of what has been a long season. They face Shannon Olympic at home next and Treaty Celtic away, where 6 points or possible 4, will give them second spot.

Tulla United B: Trevor McInerney, Brendan Hannon, John O'Hagan, Cathal Hannon, Dermot O'Keffee, John Horne (Keith Walsh), Andy McMahon (Daire Hannon), Martin Floyd, Tim Durkin, Marco David (Cathal Dinan), Alan Leamy.

Tulla United "B" 1 - 4 Ennis Town "B"      Friday 3rd May 2013

With Ennis Town recently beating table toppers Treaty Cectic, it was now Ennis that stood at the top of the table. This was one of Tulla United's games-in-hand and could go within a point of the table toppers with a game less played if the home side had taken the points on offer. However it was not to be!!

Tulla needed to win this game while a draw would have been good enough to keep The Townies at the top. It took 50 minutes to register the first score in the contest and it was the home side that did so. After good work down the right side, Keith Walsh put in a low cross across the six yard line which found Alan Leamy attacking the back post and he buried to the roof of the net to put Tulla in the driving seat.

It was Tulla who seemed the hungrier after this but it was Ennis Town who drew next blood. Against the run of play, Ennis Town got the goal they were after and this seemed to knock the drive out of Tulla and Ennis Town went on to score 2 more within the next 10 minutes. It was game over for Tulla and a chance of winning the league gone also. Ennis Town scored their fourth late on. Tulla can have little complaint. In a well contested, hard fought battle where tackles were flying in, it was the youthful Ennis side who progressed and should now go on and win the league.

Tulla United B: Trevor McInerney, Brendan Hannon, John O'Hagan, Cathal Hannon, Cathal Dinan, Shane McNamara, Gerry Ryan (Tim Durkin), Andy McMahon (Martin Floyd), Alan Leamy, Daire Hannon, Keith Walsh (Marco David).

West Clare FC 2 - 2 Tulla United "B"     Sunday 28th April 2013

Tulla B travelled to Kilrush hoping to do the double over West Clare and continue their push for promotion. Having over turned them 5 - 1 a week previous, Tulla expected a backlash from the home side and they were not let down. West Clare played the first half with a strong wind at their backs and despite some half chances from Tulla, it was the home side who opened the scoring and then got their second shortly before the break.

Tulla were confident of getting back into the game when taking to the pitch for the second half and missed a glorious chance of doing so within 2 minutes when central midfielder Gerry Ryan put his shot wide of the target when it seemed easier to score. Shortly after, a moment of class from Shane McNamara got Tulla off the mark, when he beat 3 West Clare players and shot from 25 yards and finished low to the keepers left. An Alan Leamy free kick from a similar range got Tulla back on level terms midway through the second half. Tulla pressed hard for the remaining of the game but failed to take all 3 points on offer.

Tulla United B: Trevor McInerney, Brendan Hannon, John O'Hagan, Cathal Hannon, Cathal Dinan, Shane McNamara, Martin Floyd (Marco David), Gerry Ryan, Alan Leamy, Keith Walsh (Tim Durkin), Daire Hannon..

Tulla United "B" 5 - 1 West Clare FC     Friday 19th April 2013

Tulla United B continued their push for promotion with a comprehensive 5 - 1 win against West Clare in Cragg. From the kick-off, Tulla showed that they meant business. They created numerous scoring chances before eventually getting off the mark when Daire Hannon headed home. Cathal Dinan doubled Tulla's lead before Gerry Ryan got on the score sheet with a good strike from 25 yards on the half hour mark.Tulla killed of any hopes of a West Clare comeback when Andy McMahon scored their forth early in the second half. Cathal Dinan with his second goal, from left back, finished Tulla's scoring for the evening. West Clare got a late consolation goal from the penalty spot when referee Frankis Coote deemed that right back Brendan Hannon fouled in the area.

Tulla now lie 5 points behind Treaty with 2 less games played. Treaty have a chance to open up an 8 point gap again when they play Ennis Town on Sunday while Tulla have a free weekend.

Tulla United B: Martin Floyd, Brendan Hannon, Cathal Hannon, John O'Hagan, Cathal Dinan, Shane McNamara, Gerry Ryan (Tim Durkin), Andy McMahon (Trevor McInerney), Alan Leamy, Keith Walsh (Marco David), Daire Hannon. Rest of panel: Cian Slattery, John Horne, Niall Leamy, Dermot O'Keeffe, Declan Curran, Eddy Fogarty and Luke Corry.

Connolly Celtic "B" 1 - 0 Tulla United "B"     Friday 12th April 2013

Tulla United's winning run came to an end on Friday evening last when they travelled to Kilmaley and were defeated 1 - 0. It was a game of very few chances for either team although Connolly took advantage of one of their's when they scored 5 minutes into the second half. Over the 90 minutes it was Tulla however who had the more clear cut chances when mid way through the opening half striker Marco David hit the base of the Connolly post and rebound out into play again.

A well structured, physically strong Connolly back four gave Tulla's front men David and on form Keith Walsh a difficult evening with ex-clare hurler Diarmuid McMahon running the show for Connolly up top. The all important Connolly game from nothing when a long ball was played from the defence, the Connolly striker took the ball into him, let it bounce and hit it over his shoulder, in over the head of Tulla keeper Martin Floyd. Shortly after this Andy McMahon had a chance to equalise but some-how missed the target from about 10 yards out. It proved to be one of those games for Tulla but they still remain in the hunt for promotion honours.

Tulla United B: Martin Floyd, Niall Leamy (Andy McMahon), Brendan Hannon, John O'Hagan, Luke Corry, (injured replaced by Cathal Hannon), Daire Hannon, Gerry Ryan (injured and replaced by Tim Durkin), Shane McNamara, Marco David, Keith Walsh, Cathal Dinan.

The weekend was to get better for Tulla, however when Sunday afternoon league leaders Treaty Celtic were beaten 3 - 1. Tulla's game away to West Clare on Sunday morning was cancelled due to the weather conditions. So it's as you were before the weekend's fixtures Tulla trailing Treaty Celtic by 7 points with 3 games in hand, one of these games is away to Treaty later in the month.

Tulla United "B" 7 - 1 St. Pat's;     Sunday 7th April 2013

Following on from their victory over Rineanna on Friday night last, Tulla United continued their good run with a comprehensive 7 - 1 win over St. Pat's of Kilmihil.

It was a good 5 days for striker Keith Walsh when on Wednesday evening last, he came off the bench for the "A" side to score the winner against near rivals Mountshannon Celtic. He scored the only goal of the game on Friday evening when the "B" side beat Rineanna 1.0 and he continued his impressive scoring run with four a against St. Pat's on Sunday morning. He got his first after 5 minutes with a header. Cathal Dinan doubled the lead from the penalty spot after a foul on Gerry Ryan. Walsh then went on to score three more to leave Tulla 5 - 0 up at the break.

Marco David got on the score sheet shortly after the restart with sub Eddy Fogarty finishing Tulla's scoring. Kilmihil got their goal just before the final whistle. Tulla keeper, Martin Floyd saved a penalty at 6 - 0.

Tulla United B: Martin Floyd, Niall Leamy, John O' Hagan (injured and replaced by Cathal Hannon), Brendan Hannon, Dermot O' Keeffe, Alan Leamy, Gerry Ryan, Shane McNamara, Cathal Dinan (John Horne), Marco David, Keith Walsh (Eddy Fogarty).

Tulla United "B" 1 - 0 Rineanna Rovers;     Friday 4th April 2013

As the scoreline suggests a very tight hard fought game. A game that beforehand, Tulla would have been hot favourites to take all 3 points on offer but had to work to the very end to achive. Keith Walsh was the hero on the night when mid way through the opening half, he needed 2 chances to beat the Rineanna keeper after Gerry Ryan set him free in a one on one. Walsh's initial shot beat the keeper but hit the goal post. The ball luckily re-bounded to Walsh again when this time he found the net.

While Tulla keeper, Martin Floyd hadn't a save to make and Tulla "B" created most of the chances, Rineanna were a team that were never going to give up. It was an evening that will live long in the memory of Tulla striker, Andy McMahon however. McMahon was introduced for Marco David after about 60 minutes and soon after found himself stuck in the thick of it.

Shortly after coming on McMahon was fouled in the Rineanna box resulting in a penalty. He took it upon himself to take the resulting spot kick. He scored the penalty but had to re-take it again as the referee deemed that players had entered the penalty area before the ball was kicked. McMahon stepped up again, this time the keeper guessed right to deny Tulla a 2 - 0 scoreline. Soon after McMahon had a chance to put things right when a hand ball on the line presented him with another penalty. This time he was to be denied by the cross bar. Things were to get worse for McMahon when he received his marching orders after picking up 2 yellows.

The final whistle was a welcome sound when it eventually came with Tulla taking all 3 points and strengthing their case for their first ever promotion. A strong performance from the Tulla defence and hard work from Gerry Ryan and Shane McNamara in the middle of the field kept a stubborn Rineanna team at bay.

Tulla United B: Martin Floyd, Dermot O' Keeffe, Cathal Dinan, Brendan Hannon, John O' Hagan, Tim Durkin, Gerry Ryan, Shane McNamara, Alan Leamy (Luke Corry), Marco David (Andy McMahon), Keith Walsh (Daire Hannon).

Shannon Olympic "B" 2 - 4 Tulla United "B"     Sunday 24th March 2013

Tulla Utd B travelled to Shannon on Sunday morning last and came away with the three points on offer. Tulla scored two goals in quick succession mid way through the opening half. The first goal came when a Martin Floyd cross was finished to the net by a Marco David diving header. Two minutes later and Alan Leamy found space on the edge of Olympic's box and his shot put Tulla two nil up going in at half time.

Shortly after the restart Daire Hannon had Tulla three up. Shanon Olympic pulled one back with a well taken free kick after a Brendan Hannon foul. Tulla then added their fourth when man-of-the-match David beat two defenders and finished. The last play of the match ended up with Declan Curran putting the ball into his own net after a mix up between himself and keeper Horne.

Tulla United B: John Horne, Declan Curran, John O' Hagan, Brendan Hannon, Cathal Dinan, Gerry Ryan, Shane McNamara, Alan Leamy, Daire Hannon, Marcony David, Martin Floyd. Subs: Keith Walsh for Ryan, Tim Durkin for McNamara and Eddy Fogarty for Hannon.

Hermitage "C" 1 - 7 Tulla United "B"     Sunday 17th March 2013

After a free Sunday and a cup Game against Avenue A, Tulla Utd B were back in league action on Sunday morning when they took on Hermitage C in the Fairgreen. Tulla were one up within 3 minutes when Shane McNamara's shot found the corner of the "Tage" net. Daire Hannon doubled the advantage soon after. Hermitage pulled one back mid-way through the half when the Tulla defence failed to deal with a high ball put into the box from a free kick. This was the score at the break.

Tulla started the second half the brightest and with an Alan Leamy brace, one coming directly from a corner and finished out the game with goals from substitutes Marcony David and Eddy Fogarty. Their last goal of the day come from full back Declan Curran.

Tulla United B: Trevor McInerney, Declan Curran, John O'Hagan, Brendan Hannon, Niall Leamy, Alan Leamy, Gerry Ryan, Shane McNamara (Marcony David), Cathal Dinan, Tim Durkin (Dermot O'Keeffe), Daire Hannon (Eddy Fogarty).

Tulla United "B" 5 - 1 Lifford United "B"     Sunday 24th February 2013

Tulla United B got back to winning ways last Sunday with an impressive 5 - 1 win at home to Lifford. The home side were 1 up after 15 minutes when a ball was won in the air by Daire Hannon, who knocked it down to fellow striker Keith Walsh. Walsh played in midfielder Andy McMahon who finished from the edge of the Lifford box. This was to be the only score of the opening half.

Tulla started the second half where they left off the first and within 5 minutes of the re-start they were 2 up. This time Daire Hannon took the ball on his chest, turned and finished. Soon after McMahon was on score sheet again and added his third before Lifford responded with a goal of their own. Tim Durkin was on hand to volley home Tulla's fifth after good work from Alan Leamy. A strong Tulla defensive performance along with Trevor McInerney in goal limited Lifford's efforts all game.

Tulla United B: Trevor McInerney, Declan Curran, Niall Leamy, John O'Hagan, Gerry Ryan (Brendan Hannon), Tim Durkin, Alan Leamy, Andy McMahon (John Horne), Shane McNamara (Martin Floyd), Keith Walsh, Daire Hannon. Subs not used: Dermot O'Keeffe, Cathal Dinan, Cian Slattery.

Sporting Ennistymon "B" 4 - 3 Tulla United "B"     Sunday 17th February 2013

Tulla United B travelled north to Lisdoonvarna on Sunday morning last to face Sporting Ennistymon B. In extremely windy conditions, the away side found themselves a goal down in the first five minutes and things were about to get a whole lot worse for them shortly afterwards when they conceded a second. Tulla slowly settled into the game and despite some good phases of soccer, they very were little threat to the Sporting Ennistymon keeper. The home side went 3 up when a long range shot somehow found the Tulla net. This would be the score at half-time.

Within 10 minutes of the restart Tulla pulled 1 back when a shot from Daire Hannon was parried away, but found Alan Leamy who finished the rebound to the net. Despite some half chances, it would be Sporting Ennistymon who would score the next goal. Some sloppy Tulla defending allowed an Ennistymon striker to intercept and he rounded Trevor McInerney in the Tulla goal and coolly finished, 4 - 1 Soon after, Cathal Dinan headed Tulla's second from an Alan Leamy corner and Andy McMahon finished the scoring from the penalty spot after he was brought down in the box. Time ran out for Tulla United who were searching for their fourth straight win. Despite this defeat Tulla Uunited remain in second position in their division.

Tulla United B: Trevor McInerney, Brendan Hannon, Declan Curran, Luke Corry, John O'Hagan, Dermot O'Keffee, Alan Leamy, Gerry Ryan, Shane McNamara, Daire Hannon, Keith Walsh. Subs: Tim Durkin (for Shane McNamara), Andy McMahon (for Keith Walsh), Cathal Dinan (for Dermot O'Keeffe).

Tulla United "B" 2 - 1 Connolly Celtic "B"     Sunday 10th February 2013

Tulla United B moved up to second place in the third division with a well deserved 2-1 victory over Connolly B at Cragg on Sunday morning. The visitors took the lead midway through the first half with a wonder strike from the edge of the box which left Tulla keeper Trevor McInerney looking on as the ball floated in over his head. Despite having most of the play in the first half, Tulla failed to break down a well organised Connolly back four and at half time Tulla United B 0-1 Connolly Celtic.

Tulla started the second half the busier of the two teams, creating a few chances. The introduction of winger Dermot O Keeffe and striker Tim Durkin kicked on Tulla's cause and it wasn't long before they were back on level terms. About 65 minutes gone and a long ball from full back Declan Curran was met at the back post by Alan Leamy and he coolly finished, 1-1 and game on !!

Tulla kept pressing and forced yet another corner. The ball was headed clear for Connolly but only found Alan Leamy on the edge of the box and he volleyed straight to the net making it 2-1 to Tulla. Straight from the kick off and Tulla broke away again, this time Tim Durkin found himself bearing down on goal. His strike hit the keepers left post, then the right post and rebounded back into play once more. Shortly after this Durkin found himself one-on-one with the keeper but he failed to score and the final whistle sounded soon after. This victory leaves Tulla trailing league leaders Treaty Celtic by 11 points although Tulla have 5 games in hand.

Tulla United B: Trevor McInerney, Brendan Hannon, John O Hagan, Luke Corry, Gerry Ryan, Declan Curran, Alan Leamy, Cathal Dinan, Shane McNamara, Andy McMahon, Keith Walsh. Subs: Dermot O'Keeffe (for Cathal Dinan), Tim Durkin (for Andy McMahon), Cian Slattery, John Horne, Niall Leamy, Martin Floyd.

Tulla United AFC
Contact Email: info@tullaunited.com
© 2012 Tulla United AFC. All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by B. Murphy