Home About Us Facilities Teams Events Draw News Coaching Gallery Links/Downloads

Tulla United "A" Team

Manager and CoachesRob McSherry (086) 860 7737
Training TimesWednesday 8:00pm to 9:30pm
 Friday 8:00pm to 9:30pm
League/Match TimesClare District Soccer League (C.D.S.L) Premier Division
 Sunday 11:00am or 2:00pm
 Fixtures     Results     Premier League Table
Registration/Other FeesAdult €90 and student €50.

Match Reports

Match Report 04/09/2016

Tulla United "A" 1 - 4 Avenue United      Sunday 4th Sept 2016

Tulla Utd started poorly and found themselves two nil down inside 20 mins even though Kevin Barron made his second penalty save but the rebound was tucked away as Avenue showed their sharpness in getting to the ball. Tulla started to settle and Kevin McSweeney had a great chance to pull one back as his attempt went over the bar. Avenue had way to much space and were dictating play. Tulla came to life when Jordan Lorrigan intercepted a backpass and tucked away his first goal of the season with a neat finish. The midfield 3 of Paul Dullaghan, Colin Nelson and the returning Tommy McKeown were now bossing the game moving the ball on the deck and using the very lively Eoin Whelan who had two attempts at goal from distance and then had a further chance from inside the box but shot weakly at the goal keeper. Shane McNamara was switched to right midfield and was causing many problems for the full back and cut inside and shot just over the bar. Tommy had a rasping shot tipped over. A great passing move lead to Jordan being released for the Keeper to impede him inside the box to give Tulla a great opportunity to level the game. The Avenue Keeper made a good save to deny Tulla. This seemed to deflate Tulla as Avenue finished the half on top. The second half saw Tulla push back the Avenue team and created very few clear cut chances as they tried to lift the ball into the box rather than moving the ball on the deck which when they did created panic in the Avenue defence. Padhraic O'Malley who had put in a good performance was replaced by Iago Dinisio as Tulla tried to reshape the team to keep pressing Avenue. Tulla were reduced to 10 men as they were building up a head of steam for a second yellow card. Tulla changed to 3 at the back with Darragh Corry being pushed further forward to leave Kevin McSweeney, Tommy McKeown and Gearoid O'Doherty to hold the fort. Tulla were undone twice in the last 15 mins on the counter attack and with further subs giving Niall Leamy and Darragh Murphy a taste of Premier League football. Tulla have not yet been able to field the same side twice so far this season and will have to pull themselves together after two successive defeats in the last 4 days.

Nearly didn't remember the actual dial. Here's an additional instance of the dial which dazzles having a short tag heuer replica associated with preliminary misunderstandings, though it ought to show legible as soon as the first is replica watches with this. As the dial is actually hectic with regard to just exhibiting several hours, rolex replica uk as well as mere seconds, it's a style method which rado replica sale curiosity as well as an impact associated with dynamism. Quite simply, it is such as the reverse associated with Bauhaus. Seven hublot replica or even Dietrich tend to be types of manufacturers within the prices community which prefer to consider this method. The actual three-spoke guiding wheel-shaped disk within the middle signifies the actual several hours using the rolex replica base, and also the red-colored skeletonized moment hands ought to be very easily distinguishable in the capturing mere seconds hands whenever observed in individual.

Team: Kevin Barron, Shane McNamara (Gabriel da Silva) Darragh Corry, Padhraic O'Malley (Iago Dinisio), Gearoid O'Doherty, Kevin McSweeney (Darragh Murphy), Paul Dullaghan, Tommy McKeown, Colin Nelson, Eoin Whelan, Jordan Lorrgian (Niall Leamy).

Match Report 01/09/2016

Newmarket Celtic "A" 5 - 0 Tulla United "A"      Thursday 1st Sept 2016

Tulla Utd A travelled to play the inform Newmarket Celtic A Team who have smashed in 5 goals in the last 4 games was always going to be a difficult task for the Tulla squad who are still finding their feet in the Premier League this season. Tulla came with their game plan and for 25 minutes things were promising, they sit a bit deeper and played on the counter attack and this caused a few flutters in the Newmarket defence as Eoin Whelan was looking very lively and had 4 great attempts that had the home Keeper scrambling across his box. Newmarket had plenty of the ball but the back line which was changed for the 6th game in a row had Kevin Barron in goal, Declan O'Meara making his debut along with Paudie Vaughan, Denis Murphy who was Captain for the night and Gearoid O'Doherty who all made great interceptions and blocked shots as the opposition were kept at arms length. Paul Dullaghan had a new midfield partner in Colin Nelson as they broke up play and fed both Iago Dinisio and Eoin Whelan with the ball. Johnny O'Brien and Hugh McDaid were linking up well with Johnny firing just wide. A penalty was given to Newmarket when a cross was handled in the box. Kevin Barron pulled of a great low save to keep the scores level. Tulla broke down the left and a great cross from Eoin was headed over by Iago. In the 30th minute Newmarket took the lead with an unlucky deflection that fell to the striker who tucked it away, the home Team came on strong and added a second goal when the ball arrived at the back post to be tucked away. Tulla dug in until half time to stay in the game. The second half saw two changes with Gabriel da Silva making his debut and Tom Vaughan coming on in defence. Newmarket when well in control and the game was only going in one direction and Kevin was making some great saves to keep the score down. A third arrived 10 minutes into the half to end any hopes of a comeback. John O'Hagan, Luke Hayes and Jordi Lorrigan all came on and worked hard for the Team but with very little joy with Eoin Whelan and Johnny O'Brien driving the Team forward at any opportunity. Nemwarket added two more goals that maybe was a bit harsh on the Tulla players who gave everything once again..

Team: Kevin Barron, Declan O'Meara, Denis Murphy, Paudie Vaughan, Gearoid O'Doherty (Tom Vaughan), Johnny O'Brien, Paul Dullaghan (John O'Hagan) Eoin Whelan, Colin Nelson (Jordan Lorrigan), Iago Dinisio (Gabriel da Silva), Hugh McDaid (Luke Hayes).

Match Report 25/08/2016

Tulla United "A" 2 - 1 Sporting Ennistymon      Thursday 25th August 2016

Tulla Utd took on Sporting in a very even contest in Cragg. Tulla were fast out of the traps and moving the ball around on the ground to good effect with Paul Dullaghan and Johnny O'Brien dictating the game from the middle of the park. Tiao da Silva was linking well with Naill Whelan and created a couple of attempts on goal. Eoin Whelan was being fed the ball on the left wing and was causing problems and from one of his great crosses Tiao stole across his marker to flick the ball into the net to give the homeside the lead. Further attempts form Johnny, Tiao and Colin Nelson who was attacking from the right with vigour. Eoin and Colin were switched on the wings to great effect as Sporting struggled to keep pace with the passing and movement of the Tulla players. A freekick was won on the left hand side of the penalty box a millimetre outside the box. Darragh Corry sized up the target and hit a brilliant freekick into the far top corner for a stunning and well deserved second goal. Further attempts came and went when with a bit more clinical finishing the game could have been put to bed before half time. The Tulla defence Tom Vaughan, Denis Murphy, Darragh Corry and Geroid O'Doherty were breaking up every attack and the young Sean Cahill had very little to do until just before half time Sporting pulled themselves back into the game with a replica of Tulla's first goal. 2-1 at halftime and the game changed suddenly the belief in the Sporting Team grew and a sea of green and white smashed against the Tulla defence for the next 45 minutes as bodies were thrown in front of crosses and shots. Sean Cahill made 3 great saves with one in particular being world class as from 14 yards out he managed to finger tip the ball onto the bar when it seemed a certain equaliser. Tulla emptied the bench in the hope of wrestling the initiative back with Iago Diniso and Hugh McDaid coming on having a short term impact as Tulla 3 times break through with Johnny, Colin and Niall all not finishing there runs with a goal. Paudie Vaughan was introduced to shore up the game and then Shane McNamara made his long awaited return form injury in the last 15 mins. It was still backs to the wall as the Tulla defence defended with everything they had. The late change of Declan O'Reilly nearly brought a 3rd goal with a couple of opportunities. Once again the Tulla spirit and fight for the cause was there for everyone to see!

Team: Sean Cahill, Tom Vaughan (Shane McNamara), Denis Murphy, Darragh Corry, Gearoid O'Doherty (Paudie Vaughan), Johnny O'Brien, Paul Dullaghan (Hugh McDaid) Eoin Whelan, Colin Nelson, Nia Whelan (Declan O'Reilly) Sebistio da Silva (Iago Dinisio).

Match Report 20/08/2016

Shannon Olympic 3 - 4 Tulla United "A"      Saturday 20th August 2016

In difficult blustery conditions an incredible match unfolded. Tulla started the game with 10 men and conceded a goal early in the game. Tulla were causing problems from corners and free kicks with the little possession they were having. An 11th player arrived after 30 mins to give the Tulla boys a lift. Shannon Olympic created a number of chances but good defending from Kevin McSweeney, Gearoid, O'Doherty, Denis Murphy and Eoin Whelan was keeping Olympic at bay. Kevin Barron was having an inspired game and made numerous excellent saves. The second half started disastrously as Tulla conceded a penalty and were reduced back to 10 men. They duly converted and increased the lead to 3-0 with another goal five minutes later. Tulla where playing into a gale and made an incredible fight back. Sean Cahill who normally a GK was excellent and worked tirelessly for the Team on the left hand side was replaced by Darragh Corry. Tulla switched to 3 at the back with Paudie Vaughan, Gearoid O'Doherty and Niall Whelan taking up the positions. Eoin Whelan was released to left midfield in the new 1-3-4-2 formation and was causing havoc. A shot was handled in the Olympic box to give the Tulla boys a lifeline and this was despatched by Niall Whelan. Darragh Corry was joined by Luke Hayes making his season debut up front and they were causing all sorts of problems for the defence. Darragh hit the bar and Kevin McSweeney had a great effort saved by the keeper. At the other end Kevin Barron was keeping Tulla in the game with two more outstanding saves. Tom Vaughan and Paul Dullaghan were driving Tulla forward from the middle and they both contributed with two brilliant strikes into the top corners from outside the box after 30 and 35 mins to bring Tulla level from an impossible position to leave Olympic stunned. Tulla were not content to sit back for the draw and continued to push forward they pressed and had a number or corners and with 5 mins left of the game after one of these set pieces the ball fell to Eoin Whelan to tuck the ball away from 10 yards to give the Tulla Team an incredible lead. Olympic then attacked incessantly in the last 10 mins and had a few half chances from corners and free kicks but the Tulla lads held out to record their second win in 4 days with a quite incredible Team performance by the 12 players who had showed up.

Team: Kevin Barron, Kevin McSweeney, Gearoid O'Doherty, Eoin Whelan, Denis Murphy, Sean Cahill replaced 60 mins by Darragh Corry, Luke Hayes, Tom Vaughan, Paul Dullaghan, Niall Whelan, Paudie Vaughan.

Match Report 17/08/2016

Tulla United "A" 1 - 0 Bridge Celtic      Wednesday 17th August 2016

Tulla Utd made 9 changes from the starting game on Sunday. The Tulla team quickly got into their stride and passed the ball very well around the field with Johnny O'Brien very influential in his first start of the season alongside Hugh McDaid who earned his start after his performance on Sunday as a sub. The back five had four new changes with young GK Sean Cahill (just 17) starting the game and looked who played well throughout the game to keep a clean sheet. Kevin McSweeney also 17 is another product of the Tulla Academy and he excelled at right back alongside Captain Denis Murphy who had a new partner in Eoin Whelan and Tom Vaughan earning his place after Sunday's performance. Johnny O'Brien was working well and dictating the game from midfield with his passing and lung busting runs at the Celtic defence. The two wide players Trevor Corbett and Jason Lorrigan were adding width to the Tulla game and Trevor was delivering some telling crosses. A couple of freekicks on the edge of the box by Eoin Whelan brought a save from the Celtic Keeper but the forwards were not on their toes to pounce on the loose ball. A couple of shots from distance from Tiao da Silva whizzed passed the post as the keeper seemed to misjudge the flight. Celtic came into the game and were allowed to shoot from distance as one smacked against the bar and the second one flew just wide of the right hand upright. Tiao da Silva and Iago Dionisio worked hard as they tried to combine and made some intelligent runs. Tiao da Silva took a bang to the nose and was substituted at half time by Paul Dullaghan who put in an impressive performance in the second half. The second half was only 10 mins in when Johnny O'Brien was pushed up front and finished superbly into the far corner with a great strike. Hugh McDaid worked himself into the ground and was then replaced by Declan O'Reilly who was busy up front chasing anything and everything. Tragedy struck when after 18 mins Iago Dionisio received his second yellow card for a genuine but late challenge. Tulla were now backs to the walls but they defended with good compsure and occasionally Eoin Whelan would make a great raking run out from centre half. Johnny O'Brien kept driving with the ball but could not find Declan O'Reilly runs. A couple of long range efforts from Bridge Celtic near the end had the supporters with hearts in the mouth. The final whistle came to give Tulla their first win of the season in a very sporting encounter and Bridge Celtic must take huge credit for the part they played in the game.

Team: Sean Cahill, Kevin McSweeney, Denis Murphy, Eoin Whelan, Tom Vaughan, Jason Lorrigan, Hugh McDaid replaced by Declan O'Reilly, Johnny O'Brien, Trevor Corbett, Tiao da Silva replaced by Paul Dulligan, Iago Dionisio.

Match Report 14/08/2016

Tulla United "A" 0 - 1 Shannon Town     Sunday 14th August 2016

Shannon Town visited Tulla this morning in what turned out to be a hard fought battle that was contested with no quarter given or taken. With a Tulla player being injured in a head clash in the 7th minute and Shannon T took advantage down the right hand side of the pitch with Tulla down to 10 men Andrew Russell fired in to give the visitors the lead. Kevin Barron made a great save with his feet to keep at 1. A great freekick from the industrious Eoin Whelan found his older sibling Niall who side footed his volley just wide. Tulla kept trying to get the ball down and Tiao da Silva looking very lively with the ball at his feet as he was fed the ball. The every green Denis Murphy alongside the Clare Oscar Traynor player Darragh Corry were outstanding in snuffing out the Town's attacks and moving the ball forward. Captain for the day Gearoid O'Doherty and Paudie Vaughan were excellent at fullback in a very well organised Tulla defence. Niall Whelan and Colin Nelson had both worked hard in their roles before half time. The second half started with a great move with Tom Vaughan just going over with his attempted lob of the keeper. Trevor Corbett who had worked hard all game up and down the left side of midfield made way for Hugh McDaid and Eoin Whelan moved out to the left which almost created a goal with Tom Vaughan once again on the end of the chance. Tulla continued to up the pressure as the game became more one way but could not find a way through with Colin Nelson not quite getting to the ball when the opportunity arose when the ball fell in the box. Tulla did have a goal disallowed for a close off side decision as the pressure mounted but the game ended with Tulla on the attack and fine effort to force a draw. The Management Team where very pleased with the display of the Tulla Squad for their first outing together.

Tulla United AFC
Contact Email: info@tullaunited.com
© 2016 Tulla United AFC. All Rights Reserved.
Web Design by Bart Murphy